You have asked for it....now it is finally here - Live@edu email system!
In the spring of 2010, SU moved students to this new e-mail system which allowed them as graduates to retain their campus e-mail for life. Now this new Web-based system allows alumni to also have this same e-mail benefit. Microsoft only requires that you use the account at least once every three months to keep it active.
Outlook Web doesn't like older browsers. so if you're rattling about on an old browser it may be time to update to a newer version.
Features of this new benefit:
- Outlook Live gives you a 10 GB mailbox, and can send and receive attachments up to 20MB.
- Features like shared calendars, drag and drop messages, and conversation view
- Windows Live Messenger instant messaging program right from your email
- Ability to connect your email to your Windows Mobile, iPhone or Blackberry smartphone
- Ability to check your email with other email programs.
- Microsoft Office Live Workspace allows you to share and collaborate on documents online.
- Windows Live SkyDrive gives you 25 GB of storage space, and unlike your current P drive is available anywhere you can access the internet.
- Windows LiveSpaces gives you a place for group discussions, linking to docs in your SkyDrive, blogging, and more.
- Windows Live Writer is your own blogging application.
- Ability to connect with your friends on LinkedIn or Facebook
- New! Windows Live Mesh allows you to sync and access your files virtually anywhere (Windows Vista and Windows 7 only).
To request your Live@edu e-mail , click here.
Your new email will appear similar to: FLastfirstname.lastname@example.org
Please direct inquiries to: email@example.com